Monday, June 11, 2012

A Tale Of Two Mixers.....





Vintage Sunbeam Mixmaster Mixer 1950s Chrome Silver 11 C
Sunbeam Mixmaster
Boy! Has it been a busy week!  All store work basically ceased (except the few times I got out to hunt for vintage, but it was only a very few times) so I could get this house in order for my little Brothers 30th Birthday!  He's now 30 and I am now old. Ugh! He has turned into quite the cook and his dream kitchen accessory was a Kitchenaid Stand Mixer.  Well... he got one, with attachments!!!  He spent the next day making pasta on this little beauty.  He has been lusting after this for a couple of years now.  I was always on the hunt for one in a garage sale or thrift shop, but never found one.  What I did find, repeatedly, was this gorgeous Sunbeam Mixmaster in chrome.  He didn't want it.  No attachments.  Now I have seen this little beauty, for incredibly cheap prices at a flea market and two garage sales, stared at it for a long time and left it there, because, where would I put it.  I have way too many kitchen items.  Be reasonable, really, why do I need this.  So I left them all there.  Now I am obsessed!!!! I want this Sunbeam sooooooo bad!  I did a bit of rearranging in the kitchen this week and I now have a place for it and everything!!!! I really would like to kick myself sometimes. ( I feel like knocking on the door of the house I last saw it at to see if they still have it or where they sent it)  So now, the hunt begins again.  This beautiful, shiny one in the photo is available on Etsy, but the hunt is always fun so that is probably the route I will go.  The wonderful thing about Vintage is that you will eventually find just that item that you have been lusting after.  It may just take a little while, but think of all the other fun things I will find in the process! 

Well, that is enough for tonight.  I need to get kiddo to bed, then the plan is to iron a ton of hankies and aprons for the shop while standing in front of the TV catching up on Mad Men. (I know you all really dream of having evenings like that) I really want to get them listed tomorrow! Really!  Don't forget about the new Clearance Section in Flourishes. Some great stuff there I'm only getting rid of so I have a bit of room in the shop.  So until next time.........

No comments:

Post a Comment