Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Atkins Diet, a la 1933.....

Today's post will be short.  I need to run a few errands before all the snow shows it's ugly face.  It may be waist deep on kiddo! I think all the talk on the news is starting to scare him a bit.  But he'll have fun after it stops.  Something for him to remember and tell his Grandkids.... "When I was a boy,....".

 I found today's little tidbit in a pamphlet that was put out by the National Live Stock and Meat Board in 1933 and immediately thought of the Atkins Diet.  You know, the big, new thing about 10 years ago.  Turns out, not so new.
  
I love the "EAT MEAT WHEN REDUCING".  What a slogan! LOL!!!

Here is a picture of the cover of the book.  It's a shame it has a sticker on it, because it's a very pretty Art Deco cover.

Well, I hope you all stay safe and warm today! 

If you would like to keep up with my shops, Monkey  & Me and Flourishes,  please come follow me on Facebook.  Have a great day, all!





No comments:

Post a Comment