Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thee makes wonderful soup!

It's cold and I'm hungry! What's new, right? They say that we are going to have wind chills around 20-29 degrees below zero the next couple of nights. Brrrrrrr!!!!! A good time to stay in. And what do I do when I stay in? Raid the kitchen! LOL!!! Come on, we all do it. And what is in most pantry's? Campbell's Soup. So when I found these ads, I thought perfect. Let's share.

This sweet little ad is for all of you out there with a cold. It seems like everyone has gotten sick this week. It gave me a chuckle, and they do say laughter is the best medicine.

"Back in the days of the thirteen colonies, Chicken Noodle Soup was a great family favorite. With patient care, early American housewives prepared their chickens, rolled their egg noodles, brewed the chicken broth in deep iron kettles to a glistening golden richness. And many a hungry husband looked up from this steaming, fragrant bowl and murmured to his wife - " Thee makes wonderful soup".

Today, of course, most Americans have the same liking for Chicken Noodle Soup. But women needn't any longer bend above the hearth, sipping and sav
oring. For Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup is made to the taste of present-day America, yet in the early homespun tradition: tempting egg noodles, a broth rich with tender pieces of chicken.
You'll find plenty of this good soup now at your grocer's. Let the family have their fill again!"

Heeheee... has your husband ever said that to thee?


This next ad, proclaiming that these are "Budget Beaters", has one of my all time favorite recipes in it. My Mom would make this for us and I now make it for my family, and I haven't come across one person who didn't like it. And it's so Easy! This may be tonight's dinner.

Budget Beater No. 7
Mushroom Meatballs
Continental flavor - on a budget!

Blend 1 can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup with 1/2 cup water. Measure out 1/4 cup soup mixture. Combine with 1lb. ground beef, 1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs, 2 tbsp minced onion, 1 tbsp. minced parsley, 1 egg (slightly beaten), 1/4 tsp salt.

Shape into meatballs about 1 1/2" in diameter. Brown in 1 tbsp. shortening in a large skillet.

Add remaining soup mixture; cover.

Cook over low heat about 15 min.; stir occasionally - 4 servings.

(sorry about the underline, it turned itself on and wont turn off)

Thanks for stopping by! I hope your day is wonderful, and come check out my Facebook Page for both shops. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment