Monday, January 24, 2011

A Bit Of Wit From 1956


Good Morning! I really didn't know what to put on here today, but seeing as it is Monday morning, we probably all need a bit of a chuckle. Soften up the Monday a bit.

I found this column, The Wit Parade, in an August 12, 1956 issue of The American Weekly. I'm just going to put up a couple of these, so here goes....

**********************************
Two newly rich matrons were fanning themselves contentedly on the terrace of a plush resort hotel. After a bit one said: "Goodness, I should be dressing! What time is it?"
"Oh, it's still early," answered her friend, glancing at her wristwatch. "It's exactly four diamonds past the ruby."

**********************************
It's supposed to have happened at the Neiman Marcus department store in Dallas.
Two youngsters, complete with ice cream cones, had obviously strayed away from their mother and were amusing themselves riding up and down the crowded elevators. Suddenly the boy noticed his cone was dripping - and wiped it against the back of a woman's mink stole.
"For goodness sake, Jimmy, watch yourself," whispered his sister loudly. "You're getting fur all over your ice cream!"

Ok, I didn't say they were great. Just kind of cute. Simple humor......... Alright, I will try better tomorrow. I hope you all have a great day and if you would like to follow the happenings in my two shops, Monkey & Me and Flourishes, please come give me a like on Facebook. (Just click on "facebook" it's the link to my page.) Happy Monday All!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment